“Enabling independent living through education, health and well-being”
Rhayader and District Community Support was 30 years old in 2015. It was formed to provide community services for all residents in the postcode area of LD6, particularly in the advancement of education, the furtherance of health and the relief of poverty, distress and sickness.
- The main office and Community Shop are housed in The Arches, a handsome building in the centre of Rhayader.
- The Community Nursery is situated in the grounds of Rhayader primary school.
The Arches is run by a Trustee board of (currently) nine local people volunteering a wide range of skills and abilities and a staff team of seven, mostly part-time. The team is supplemented by around 40 volunteers helping in the office, shop and on our community projects.
The services we provide at The Arches
- Community Transport
- Community Volunteering
- Good Neighbours community befriending service
- Advice, information and support.
- Rhayader Cooking Club
- Easy-access allotment
- Memory Circle (Dementia Support)
- Hosting clubs and activities to promote social inclusion and healthy living
- PAT testing for charities
- Community Shop
- Meeting, Training & Consulting Rooms
- Offices for Rent
Contact: the Arches, West Street, Rhayader, LD6 5AB. Phone 01597 810921 Email: email@example.com
For full information about all our services go to:
Rhayader Community Nursery
Rhayader Community Nursery provides quality childcare for children from 6 months to school age. It offers a safe and secure play environment in which children can develop to their full potential and be valued as individuals.
The nursery was established in response to demand for a community nursery in the area, funded initially by the BIG Lottery and registered with CIW
The Nursery is working towards becoming an independent community enterprise. For more information please visit http://www.rhayadernursery.co.uk